Move over statement earrings, this jewellery season is all about the statement necklace.
With the impending opening-up after lockdown and Spring weather around the corner there’s the chance to do more with our outfits and jewellery. That combined with some exciting new trends in necklaces, it’s time to think new jewellery, new look.
Invest in chains
If you’re a follower of ours, you’ll know that we launched a whole new jewellery category to our collection this year, the Statement Chain.
Chain jewellery is not just a trend, it is going to become a jewellery staple. In fact the chain detail is also spilling over into bags and shoes, that’s how important it’s become.
So, invest in some great quality chain necklaces. Decide how chunky you want to go. We’ve got some great options from the bold Brooke Statement Chain to our pendant chain necklaces. Our Adina Necklace is a really unusual take on the classic chain too.
Wear them over a jumper, underneath a white collared shirt or against your skin- you won’t go wrong.
How to layer your necklaces
Layering necklaces is a look that’s been around for some time. It’s super versatile- you can create looks with any necklace you own.
Combine different shapes like adding your favourite pendant to a long-line necklace that sits below the bust. Or layer two of your favourite pendants together- just make sure one sits slightly lower than the other. Sticking to one metal colour tends to make the whole look cohesive rather than odd and mismatched. Or how about adding a simple chain like our Terese Figaro Necklace with a statement pendant like our Marissa Sunburst Pendant Necklace?
To stop your necklaces getting tangled:
- Make sure they’re a good distance apart
- Try to combine dainty and chunky necklaces.
- Unclasp the necklace and dangle it from one side to get all the twists out
Here are a few other tips and tricks for your statement necklace look:
- Keep your overall look simple to allow the necklace to be the focal point of your outfit.
- Use your statement necklace to reinvent your outfit. Add it to a plain top and jeans, or go for some dainty layered pendants with your work wear.
- Keep your earrings simple: go for some gorgeous simple stud earrings or huggies so that your necklace isn't fighting for attention.
- Layer your necklaces over a sweatshirt at home for an instantly elevated look!