Statement necklaces are back in a big way on the jewellery scene this Spring Summer. Layered pendants, multiple chains, bold shapes are all fun ways to dress up any outfit- making a casual outfit look more put together, a dressy outfit even more impressive.
Here are some of my jewellery styling tips and tricks to style the statement necklace trend.
- Keep your overall look simple to allow the necklace become the focal point of your outfit.
- Try to stick to solid colours if you're going for a bold or floral number necklace, it gives it more impact.
- They can work against a print or pattern however. Just aim for one metal tone in a bold style to avoid cluttering the jewellery against the print.
- Keep your earrings simple: go for some gorgeous simple stud earrings or huggies so that your necklace isn't fighting for attention.
- Match your necklace to your neckline: off-the-shoulder, strapless, round neck and v-neck tops work great with statement necklaces
- If you have a larger bust, longer necklaces with a lower hanging chunky pendant work well- they draw the emphasis away from the bust.
- Likewise for shorter ladies, a longer necklace and pendant can elongate your look by drawing the eye downwards. Try it!
- Use your statement necklace to reinvent your outfit. Add it to a plain top and jeans, or go for some dainty layered pendants with your work wear.
- And finally the statement necklace works brilliantly to take you from day to night. That’s one of the best things about this piece, it transforms a plain top and jeans or trousers. Take it with you to work and put it on when you’re re-touching your makeup for an evening out- you’re all set!